With the integration of Vinçotte Italy into TÜV AUSTRIA ITALIA, TÜV AUSTRIA Group has expanded its expertise significantly in the fields of food industry as well as rail, nuclear and environmental protection. .
TÜV AUSTRIA ITALIA - Blu Solutions offers the following services in the field of Inspection and Certification:
- PED and TPED certification and TPED/ADR inspection,
- Qualification of welding procedures, welders and operators in accordance with the main international codes such as EN, ASME, AWS, AD- Merkblatt,
- Certification for the management of Quality in Welding according to EN ISO 3834,
- Third Party Inspection, Expediting, suppliers qualification , technical assistance, appraisals, second part inspections,
- Traditional non-destructive Testing,
- Manufacturer Certification for the EC mark Management of carpentry structures according to EN 1090,
- Certification of quality management systems according to EN ISO 9001,
- Certification of environmental compliance: OK Compost, OK Compost HOME, OK Biodegra¬dable Soil - Water - Marine, Seedling, OK Biobased, NEN, etc.
To obtain the OK COMPOST certification, the product must meet stringent requirements as per UNI EN 13432 and be subjected to accurate laboratory analysis.
OK COMPOST is also the result of more than 20 years of research and development as well as analysis, census and cataloging of the materials constituting the bags, thus creating one of the most extensive international database in the sector.
Moreover the percentage of 40% indicated in the law is not relative to compostability, but to the minimum content of renewable raw material. However, the compostability of the bag must always be guaranteed, irrespective to the level of content of the renewable raw material. In fact, there are compostable bags made without the use of renewable raw material.
Italy has chosen a more virtuous road in an environmental sense, compared to covering compostability only, inserting a further restriction on the renewability of raw materials constituted (the above said 40%).
The minimum content of renewable matter can be declared directly by the manufacturer which makes use of specialized laboratories which are able to analyze and measure the quantity of renewable source present in the product.
Vinçotte, before and today TÜV AUSTRIA, carry out their role as a third party and objective body with the utmost seriousness regarding the effective compostability of the bags, compliance with the European reference standard (UNI EN 13432) and the fight against counterfeiting. In fact, we were and are engaged in the front line to support the competent authorities in market surveillance, carrying out cross-checks and analyzing samples taken from the market.